Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Up In The Woods

There's been one song playing in my head and in my room for like a month. It's Bon Iver's - Woods. I don't know what it is about it but it's a great song. All he does is repeat the same line over and over with different pitches using autotune and I really can't get enough of it. It may be because like in the song "I'm down on my mind" I really am at a loss for words in life because I haven't ended up where I planned to be when I was a freshman in High School. The college years shaped a lot of who I am and how I feel about things...but that can't be it that sounds like a positive. Maybe it's because I am unemployed so it's kind of like the down on my luck song. But that can't be it...since I'm the one who quit the job that's not bad luck. Maybe it's because I don't have a ride or die chick right now. But that can't be it...since I've given up on the foolish point of "dating". This guy is crazy...right?

For those of you who have no idea lemme break it down. We all like having someone around, someone to be with that isn't family and is more than a friend. Someone that makes you feel more appreciated then you could ever feel. But the entire concept of dating is an illusion if you don't see a future before you even begin. I know, I know, people say you can't just skip to marriage and that's true. AND AGAIN! I know, I know, people say love at first sight exists. I agree, I've felt it. But to say love at first sight exist is to also admit that heart break is inevitable. We as humans are trained by whoever to be let down in our lives. To experience suffering and to experience at the worst times with the worst circumstances. But more back to dating. I know people who have dated 8 or more people in a very short amount of time. Let's say 10 years. 10 years! What is this? 5 months on 5 months off!? How can you really get to know that many people in that short amount of time while still living your own life and going through your own trials. Every single relationship in the entire world that has ended has ended negatively (some positively) not only allowing you to lose the person as a simple friend, but to lose them as a whole. What I mean by lose them as a whole is now that every time you encounter that person, regardless of time passed, thoughts occur that make you feel or think what if? You may not say these things and you may internally deny them, but you can't deny that they're there. If you are denying that they're there. That their is a negative experience from my point of view. So when I say don't date if you don't see a future...I really mean it. If you can't make yourself better or make your future better, through or with that person then don't date. Just casually hang out and bone if you want or don't. But trust me, you're mentally better off if you know what you want in life and then know what you like in a person and can see continuous growth with them. If you can't see any of that...then what's the point? I don't mean to come off negative or like this is a rule or anything. Live your life, don't agree, agree, all I want is for you to be happy.

Here's a youtube video of the song. The video has nothing to do with the song I believe. I've watched it 10 million times and every time the song gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment